Windows 7 was released back in 2009 by Microsoft and it quickly gained traction since the preceding Windows Vista had a very bad reception. Windows 7 was supported for mainstream consumers till the beginning of 2013. However, for enterprise users, the extended support is still available until 2020.
Since Microsoft discontinued the sales of Windows 7, it is very difficult to find a product key, in case you are using a non-genuine version of Windows, or you had to format your PC and reinstall Windows 7. If you are looking for Windows 7 Professional product key, then some evaluation keys are a provided at the end of this article. This will help you to proceed with an installation of Windows or will help you to activate your Windows for a limited grace period before you require a Windows 7 professional product key.
Where to Find the Windows 7 Professional Product Key?
Depending on how you have acquired your copy of Windows, the product key will be available to you. There are three ways in which you could have acquired your copy of Windows 7.
- You purchased the Windows 7 DVD from a retail store or from an online store. In this case, the Windows 7 professional product key will be available in the DVD box. If you purchase the Professional edition, then you will get the key for activating the professional edition. It is very important that you keep the product key stored safely. Recovering the key can be difficult if you lost the DVD case.
- You purchase the key online from Microsoft or any other online retailer. In this case, you will have the product key emailed to you. You can also look up your previous purchases with the retailer to recover the key.
- You got Windows 7 Professional with the device you purchased. In these cases, Windows 7 comes pre-activated out of the box. If you purchased a new desktop or a laptop, then Windows 7 will come activated right out of the box. In this case, you are not provided with any product key. If you have to reinstall Windows 7 and activate it, possibly after some hardware change, then the device manufacturer should do it for free without requiring a Windows 7 professional product key.
Also Read :- How to Get Jio Giga Fiber
If you already have an activated copy of Windows and you are looking for the product key, then open an elevated PowerShell window and run the command
PowerShell “(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey
How to Install A Product Key?
If you have a Windows 7 Professional product key, then you can install the product key and activate Windows over the phone or over the internet. If you insert the product key during an installation, then it will activate the next time you are connected to the internet. Alternatively, if you have a version of Windows that is not activated yet, then you can insert the product key from the System Properties window. All you need to do is right-click on My Computer and then click on properties. From there, you can click on “Activate” and insert your Windows 7 professional product key. If you do not have an internet connection, then you will also get the option to activate via a phone call.
It is very important that you keep your keys safely stored as Microsoft does not keep a copy of these keys.
Reset Windows 7 Activation
Out of the box, Windows 7 will work for 30 days without asking for activation. However, if you are running a device that has not been activated or is non-genuine or you do not have permissions to insert a Windows 7 professional product key, then you can simply delete the file that stores the Windows licensing information and Windows will again work for 30 days. You can do this as long as you want to work with Windows without installing a Windows 7 professional product key.
To do that, go to the Windows folder. Next, locate the System32 folder and using the search bar on the top left of the Window, search for ‘SLUI’. In the search result, you will get a file. Delete this file and reboot your system. If you cannot delete the file, try getting the ownership of the file, or deleting in Safe Mode.
Also, you can run the command “slmgr-earm” without the quotes on an elevated command prompt, restart your PC and then run the command “slmgr-ato” on an elevated command prompt again to reset the activation.
Also Check :- How to Update Mobile Number In Your Aadhar Card
Windows 7 Professional Product Key List
The following is a list of Windows 7 professional product keys that you can try out. Some of these product keys may not work depending your edition of Windows 7. The first half of the keys are for 32 bit systems, and the latter is for 64 bit systems.
If you are looking for evaluation keys for Windows 7, then you can check out the following keys too.
- Ultimate D4F6K-QK3RD-TMVMJ-BBMRX-3MBMV
- Professional HYF8J-CVRMY-CM74G-RPHKF-PW487
- Home Premium RHPQ2-RMFJH-74XYM-BH4JX-XM76F
- Home Basic YGFVB-QTFXQ-3H233-PTWTJ-YRYRV
- Starter 7Q28W-FT9PC-CMMYT-WHMY2-89M6G
These keys can help you out with a stuck installation in case you are missing a product key.
Even though these product keys can help temporarily, you should try your best to acquire an original key, or upgrade to the latest version of Windows.