The Aadhar card on date is the most widely recognized document for identifying citizens of India and with each passing day, the central government of the country is bringing in new regulations to raise the importance of this document. In the present circumstances, we require the Aadhar for most of the services of the government as like opening new bank accounts, availing grants, and many other services. In the event that you are required to add or update your cell phone number in your Aadhar card, you can do so by any one of the procedures mentioned below. Follow this article to know how to update mobile number in aadhar card online.
In the event that you are adding your contact number to your Aadhar card for the initial time, you are required to go to an Aadhar Kendra.
There the officials will guide you through the process and you need to follow the instructions that they give to you.
There is no other process to register your mobile number for the first time.
If you want to update or change the cell phone number that is registered, there are two ways for you to follow. That includes:
- An online process to update your number and link it to your Aadhar.
- You can even update you mobile number on your Aadhar card through post.
The Online Process
Now we will be discussing the steps you need to follow to aadhar card mobile number update through the online process.
- Visit the official website of portal for UIDAI Aadhar Self Service. You will find a page with the title showing ‘Aadhar Self Service Update Portal’.
- You are required to enter the 12 digit number specific to your Aadhar Card.
- Once done, you need to fill in the Captcha code, also known as the Text Verification Number.
- Request for the OTP or TOTP to be sent.
- You will then be directed to a new page where you are required to put in the OTP that you received on the already registered mobile number.
- Following step 5, a new webpage prompting to ‘Update the Details’ will come up. There you are required to choose in the choice of ‘Mobile Number’ under the section of ‘Select field(s) to update’.
- Now you just need to put in your current cell phone number that you want to link and then click on the Submit button to update the info.
- After that, you need to verify and proceed further. You will be provided with an URN that you need to note down or take a print out.
To register new mobile number with aadhar card, you can follow the steps mentioned here.
If you wish to update mobile number in aadhar card online without OTP, it is going to be a difficult task. For updating the mobile number through offline mode, you need to follow the following steps:
- You need to download and print out the form for Update/Correction for your Aadhar card.
- On the form, you are required to choose the ‘Mobile’ option that you can find on the first section of the form.
- After that, put in the 12 digit Aadhar number along with the other required details as per your Aadhar card.
- Use capital letters to fill in the form, i.e. in bold alphabets.
- Fill in the new mobile number that you want to link to your card.
- After all the above steps are done, you need to provide an identity document and mention its type on the form. Attest the document along with your Aadhar number and put it in a envelope after checking it twice.
- On top of the envelope, fill in your name and address and ‘Aadhar Updat/Correction’.
- Post the filled in envelop to any one of the following addresses: Address 1: UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India. Address 2: UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India.
Once done, you just need to wait for a few days irrespective of the way you chose to update mobile number online in aadhar card or even in offline mode.