Windows 10 is the latest iteration in the long line of Windows operating system. Till date, it has been installed on millions of devices across the world. Many consider it to be the best one yet, and some choose to think a bit different. Today we are going to talk about an issue in the Windows 10 OS that has many users in confusion. With this guide, you will know how to enable safe boot mode in Windows 10.
As a matter of fact, it is the only operating system in the history of Windows which was given as a free update to current Windows 7 and 8 users.
Safe Mode is used to resolve the corrupt Windows files. It is actually the first step that you have to follow a systematic set of steps.
There are actually plenty of methods to enable the safe boot mode in Windows 10. We are going to discuss the easiest ones so that the inexperienced users can also understand it. So, let’s get started.
Image Source: Techtalsk
How to Enable Safe Boot Mode in Windows 10?
1.Using the Settings App:
This is one of the easiest methods to enable safe boot mode in Windows 10 as far as the understanding part goes. You can use the Settings App on your Windows PC. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First, of all, open the Settings App by pressing the Windows key and the “I” key on your keyboard. (Windows + I)
- Now click on the Update and Security Section which is one of the options on the screen.
- There will be a menu on the left side of the screen. Select the Recovery option from it.
- On the next page, you have to select the “Restart Now” option from under Advanced startup section.
- Once the PC restarts, click on Troubleshoot and then go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings after it and then subsequently the Restart option.
- After that, press the F4, F5, or the F6 key which will start your PC in the safe mode with different variations as you can see on the screen.
Also Read: Features of Google Home Mini
2. Using the Shift + Restart Combo
This is also an easier method to enable safe boot mode in Windows 10, maybe even easier than the previous one. Below are the steps which will give you an overview of the process.
- Hit the Windows key on your Keyboard to open the start menu.
- Now, keep Shift pressed and then click on Restart.
- This will restart your PC and then you will have to follow the same steps as the above method.
- As in, once your PC restarts, follow the steps 5-6 from the above method.
This will put your PC into the safe mode. With these two different methods, you can easily enable safe boot mode on Windows 10.
Since the new method of enabling the safe boot in Windows 10 is a bit different than the old ones, it is a bit confusing for users of Windows 7 who have just made the transition. We hope our article has helped you out in putting your PC into the safe mode.